The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life published the Spring 2012 Greek Life Academic Performance report this week. You can access it from Lafayette College’s website at this link. In brief, the all-sorority/all-unaffiliated women term GPAs are 3.45/3.42 and the all-fraternity/all-unaffiliated men GPAs are 3.24/3.26
In an e-mail to advisors, the Director of FS Life included the following explanatory note to provide context for this academic report, which we reformatted to fit with WordPress:
- Class of 2015 is not included in any of the averages. Class of 2015 (FYI):
i. Women SP2012: Term 3.31 (301) Cum 3.29 (301)
ii. Men SP2012: Term 3.10 (336) Cum 3.13 (336)
Academic Performance of New Members will be critical for the Men’s Fraternities and anyone who is dipping the ‘non-affiliated students” averages.
- All Study Abroad FS Members or Non-Affiliated Students Study Abroad are excluded in this report.
- Comparison is displayed Spring 2012 with Spring 2011. Fall 2012 will be compared to Fall 2011.
- Some Data is showing “blank”. They will eventually be filled in as tracking is set for the future. This data was not tracked prior.
- Individual FS Groups Reports will be provided next week to each of you. If you have direct concerns about any certain members, I would ask that you have your Student Academic Officer/President see me to get that data out.
In addition, our Scholarship Director received recognition for the analysis work he’s doing on behalf of DKE.
DEKE’s Academic Advisor (Scott Harris ‘95) has already taken this step. He may be able to provide us with some ‘best practices” at a future Advisory Drive-In in the future. He tasked his advisee (Fraternity Academic Officer) to get the forms completed in correct form and signature from all the members in advance as to make sure they could get academic data. He is organizing a data projection/analysis process.
Scott will continue to work with the students to ensure we meet DKE’s academic standards.